How Our Pediatric Dentist Office Will Keep Your Family Safe During COVID-19
Here at Fox Kids Dentistry & Orthodontics, we want all of our families to know that we are elevating our standard of care when it comes to patient safety and lessening the risk of virus transmission.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA).
We are continuously working to stay up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
An Update on Office Procedures With COVID-19
Upon arriving to your child’s next dental appointment, you can expect some changes in our office. These changes are being put in place to help protect our patients, our staff, and our community.
- Our office will communicate with you by phone in the days leading up to your child’s appointment to ask some screening questions regarding the health of your child. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office, and anyone entering the office will have their temperature taken.
- All patrons (except babies and toddlers) who enter the office are required to wear a mask.
- Plexiglass barriers, hand sanitizer, and medical grade air purifiers have been placed throughout the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer books, magazines, or toys, as these are difficult to disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients, as well as extra time in between appointments to allow for additional time for disinfecting.
- We will be modifying cleaning and filling appointments to reduce the number of aerosols that are produced in order to keep transmission risk low, and our staff will be wearing additional personal protective equipment(PPE) to help keep everyone safe.
- And last, but definitely not least, we will still be offering prizes to our patients, but in a modified way to minimize the transfer of germs.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Stay safe and healthy!
The Fox Kids Dentistry & Orthodontics Team